What is the Facebook page?
Can be found by searching 703 United Cheerleading
How often is practice?
Expect two OR three days a week (time, days will vary by coach) which will be determined and communicated by coaches during the last week of pre-season practice. Our current practice location is Coles Elementary.
How long are practices?
Practices are usually 1 to 1.5 hours depending on coach/squad.
Is practice indoors or outside?
Practice is primarly held out doors but in the chance of inclument/cold weather, indoor options will be communicated.
How long is the cheer season?
- SPRING Cheer pre-season practices begin early April. This is a 4 week conditioning based season.
- Cheerleaders who participated in spring season will be invited back to march in the 4th of july dale city parade.
- FALL Cheer pre-season practices mid-August. The first games are generally begin mid-September and go through early November.
What time and what days are games?*
- SPRING Cheer: Spring season is a conditiong based season, there is no sideline cheer. there will be a showcase of skill at the end of the season. -FALL Cheer: Games are on SATURDAY, times will vary – expect as early as 8 am arrival as late as 5 pm arrival. Our squads will cheer for different football teams each week as we have significantly more football teams than cheer squads. Games are 90 minutes.
How are squads determined?
Squad size is based on the number of cheerleaders registered in the program. Assignments are based on skill level and experience. Age, attention span and ability to follow directions are heavily weighted factors. Any requests for siblings to be on the same squad are considered at the cheer director's discretion.
Does each squad only cheer for one game?
Yes, only one game per weekend.
Where are the games?
Our home fields vary for both season but games are typically at Saunders Middle School, Benton Middle School, or Independent Hill.
What do the cheerleaders wear when it gets cold? Do parents need to purchase jackets?
parents are advised to visit the 703 United shop to purchase a logo hoodie in black. in addition parents are advised to get black legging
What items are parents responsible for?
Parents will be responsable for all white no show socks and all white cheer shoes. style of shoe will be determined by each coach. information of shoe styles will be given to parents during parent meeting at the start of the season.
Can earrings be worn?
For safety purposes, studs only please.
Can you discuss hair, makeup, jewelry, etc?
Hair should be worn in a high pony tail with bow. No makeup. Gloss is fine. No long nails (while they are cute and fancy, makes way for injuries and improper stunting techniques).
Will everyone stunt?
The level of stunting is based on the coach's assessment of the squad skill level.*
Is fundraising a requirement of participation?
Yes. As a community organization, success is based on the dedication and commitment of our parents and volunteers. In efforts to keep registration fees at an affordable level, we rely on fundraising as an essential component of our program. fundraisers as a means to afford banquets and other niceties that the parents will otherwise have to pay for.
If my daughter hasn't been to anything, like camp, how will she be placed on a squad?
We use age as a guide and other criteria to place her appropriately.
Will the girls be allowed to have a snack during game?
Cheerleaders need to bring a water bottle to each game and will have a snack after half time. Parents are expected to sign up and rotate the snack duty. No food should be distributed to cheerleaders during the game.
Once squads are assigned, how will we get all the coach information?
A notification will be sent electronically indicating squad assignments. The appropriate coaches will then be in contact.
- Are there expectations of the parents at games?
We ask that parents:
- Be sure cheerleaders arrive at the time designated by their coach.
- Try to keep siblings at bay.
- Participate in crowd cheers.
- Show off your 703 United spirit wear or league colors of red and black.
- Be mindful and respectful of the area designated for the cheerleaders.
- Be positive examples of sportmanship by encouraging and supporting 703 cheerleading without derisive or aggressive comments (booing, heckling) the opposing team.